Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
Login | Register | Advanced Search

Immigration Advice 020 7237 3388

Use our Contact Form to request a call back. Guaranteed Response. Expert Legal Advice.

ICS Legal is an OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, services/forms can be available directly from the government site without incuring any costs. We provide managed services for Private and Corporate Clients for all Immigration, European, and British Nationality Law and provide advocacy to the First Tier & Upper Tribunal. Use our Contact Form for a free visa assessment.


Business Plan
Getting Immigration Advice
Same Day Visa Premium Servi
Visa Refusal / Appeals, Com
Company / Business Sponsors
UK Visas
Visiting the UK
Studying in the UK
Working Visas in the UK
Temporary Workers
UK Residency
» UK Ancestry
» Returning residents
» Relatives
» Settlement
» Travel documents
» Language and life in UK
British Citizenship
European Citizens
Corporate Managed Services
Partners and Families



extended validation certificate

To settle in the United Kingdom (applying for indefinite leave to remain), you will need to complete a number of years that allows you to settle after a period. Settling in the UK as a dependant of a British National is normally after five years unless you are part of the transitional arrangements. However, if you are in a working category, you will need to show that you have been in continuous employment and living in the UK throughout the five years.


The changes to a number of policies mean you may able to combine certain categories and apply for indefinite leave to remain. To get some initial legal advice, call our team on 0207 237 3388 or e-mail us on


If the visa category you are in at the moment does not allow you to settle in the United Kingdom, for example the student category does not allow you to settle in the UK, and then you would need to switch into another category that allows you to settle.


However, if you have been in the UK for more than 10 years and have been in continuous residence, then you may be eligible to apply for settlement. Please read our section for long residency. Where you have been granted leave to remain based on your private life, you need to be in that category continuously for 10 years to be granted indefinite leave to remain.


You must not send the application more than 28 days before the end of your qualifying period. If you do, Home Office may refuse your application with no refund of the fee. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the United Kingdom expires.


Recommended Pages

Immigration Advice


Privacy Policy Site Map
About Us Terms & Conditions
Services FAQ
Our Clients Regulatory Bodies
News Contact Us


Facebook Twitter
©2015 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP | .