Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
Login | Register | Advanced Search

Immigration Advice 020 7237 3388

Use our Contact Form to request a call back. Guaranteed Response. Expert Legal Advice.

ICS Legal is an OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, services/forms can be available directly from the government site without incuring any costs. We provide managed services for Private and Corporate Clients for all Immigration, European, and British Nationality Law and provide advocacy to the First Tier & Upper Tribunal. Use our Contact Form for a free visa assessment.


Business Plan
Getting Immigration Advice
Same Day Visa Premium Servi
Visa Refusal / Appeals, Com
Company / Business Sponsors
UK Visas
Visiting the UK
Studying in the UK
Working Visas in the UK
Temporary Workers
UK Residency
» UK Ancestry
» Returning residents
» Relatives
» Settlement
» Travel documents
» Language and life in UK
British Citizenship
European Citizens
Corporate Managed Services
Partners and Families



extended validation certificate

This provision allows someone who was a resident in the United Kingdom and who has left the UK and wants to come and live here permanently. A resident is someone who has been given permission to stay in the United Kingdom without time limit. Before you plan to travel to the UK, contact ICS Legal on 0207 237 3388 or e-mail us your query. If you enter the UK as a visitor, you may lose your indefinite leave to remain status. If you were settled in the United Kingdom when you last left, you have not been away for more than two years, and are returning to live here permanently, you may return as a resident unless you were given public funds to pay the costs of leaving the United Kingdom.

If you have been away for more than two years, you may still qualify to return to live in the United Kingdom if, for example, you have strong family ties here or have lived here most of your life.

If you have been away for more than two years, you must apply for permission to return, known as entry clearance. You should do this at the British diplomatic post in the country where you live now. The entry clearance will be in the form of a visa or entry clearance certificate. Please note that you should carry your old and new passport when travelling back to the United Kingdom. If you cannot produce the visa that shows your indefinite leave to remain, then you would not be allowed to enter. 

Recommended Pages

Immigration Advice


Privacy Policy Site Map
About Us Terms & Conditions
Services FAQ
Our Clients Regulatory Bodies
News Contact Us


Facebook Twitter
©2015 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP | .