Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
Login | Register | Advanced Search

Immigration Advice 020 7237 3388

Use our Contact Form to request a call back. Guaranteed Response. Expert Legal Advice.

ICS Legal is an OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, services/forms can be available directly from the government site without incuring any costs. We provide managed services for Private and Corporate Clients for all Immigration, European, and British Nationality Law and provide advocacy to the First Tier & Upper Tribunal. Use our Contact Form for a free visa assessment.


Business Plan
Getting Immigration Advice
Same Day Visa Premium Servi
Visa Refusal / Appeals, Com
Company / Business Sponsors
UK Visas
Visiting the UK
Studying in the UK
Working Visas in the UK
Temporary Workers
UK Residency
» UK Ancestry
» Returning residents
» Relatives
» Settlement
» Travel documents
» Language and life in UK
British Citizenship
European Citizens
Corporate Managed Services
Partners and Families



extended validation certificate

This section explains how you can apply to settle permanently in the UK if you are a migrant from outside Europe. It also tells you whether you can return to the UK if you have gone to live abroad after being granted settlement here.

You should always seek legal advice to ensure you meet the published Immigration Rules, call us today on 0207 237 3388 to receive legal advice or simply e-mail us on

Applying for indefinite leave to remain based on residency

After you have lived legally in the UK for a certain length of time, you may be able to apply for permission to settle here. This is known as 'indefinite leave to remain'. If you are applying to enter the UK as the child of a British citizen or a person who is settled here, we may be able to give you immediate permission to settle here permanently. If you are considering applying for settlement in the future, please note that the Immigration Rules are subject to change. You must meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time when you make your application. Most applicants for settlement must show that they have knowledge of language and life in the UK.

Applying for settlement in the working categories

On 13 December 2012, UK Border Agency updated the Immigration Rules to set out the absences that those who are working or who are in business here are allowed to be absent from the UK in the qualifying period for settlement. 

Returning to the UK if you are settled but have been living abroad

If you were given permission to settle here but you then decided to live abroad for some time, you may be able to return to the UK as a settled person. The Returning resident’s page contains more information.

Recommended Pages

Immigration Advice


Privacy Policy Site Map
About Us Terms & Conditions
Services FAQ
Our Clients Regulatory Bodies
News Contact Us


Facebook Twitter
©2015 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP | .