Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm | | 020 7237 3388
Index >> Temporary Workers >> Domestic Workers >&g back button

Most visited:
Legal Discussion

This section explains how you can apply to come to the UK as a domestic worker in a private household. At ICS Legal we work with employers to ensure the work permit process is fast and we will ensure the permit is approved. If you are an employer and would like to either extend or bring someone from outside the UK, please contact us on, or simply call us on 0207 237 3388.


The rules for domestic workers changed on 6 April 2012. If you had applied on or before 5 April 2012 for a visa to come to the UK as a domestic worker in a private household, different immigration rules apply. The 'domestic worker in a private household' category allows overseas employers to bring their domestic workers with them when they visit the UK for up to 6 months. To come here as a domestic worker, you must be an established member of your employer's staff - you must have worked for your employer for at least a year before you apply for a visa.


Domestic workers include cleaners, chauffeurs, cooks, those providing personal care for the employer or a member of the employer's family, and nannies. You must work in your employer's household in the UK. You will be given permission to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. You must return home at the end of the 6 months or when your employer returns home, whichever is sooner. We will not extend your permission to stay past 6 months or past the time that your employer is in the UK.


You are not allowed to change employer while you are in the UK or change to a different type of employment. You cannot bring your dependants with you but they may apply to come here in their own right, for example as visitors. Speak to ICS Legal on 0207 237 3388 or complete the free visa assessment form by clicking here. 


Recommended Pages

Immigration Advice
UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



©2015 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |